Wednesday 14 December 2016

I See/Hear You

Rhys, hey. You don't know me, but I'm here to tell you that someone's looking for you. I'm not sure who though, all I have are scraps of information, but I thought they might be important scraps, or scraps that might be important to you.  I promise I'm not trying to trap you, I'm not that skilled with computers. I mean, I am pretty good at breaking into Sal's records but that's about as far as my hacking skills go. That and setting up this blog. I read that blogs are kind of like beacons. Oh, and I guess I had to find a way into your cyber space (which is fucked, by the way).  Okay, so I'm pretty good at hacking into stuff. But I'm not trying to trap you. Even if I was old enough to be one, I swear I wouldn't have it in me. I know that sounds like something a trapper would say, but it's true. Anyway. Keep reading if you believe me, I guess.
I was actually looking for something else when I found this stuff on whoever is trying to find you, I was looking for info on a sleeper my X is hiding out in. Sal said I wouldn't find it in any of the records, but I don't always trust Sal to tell me the truth. She is an archivist, but she's been helping out with ship security this last third, and so she's got all this surveillance data just sitting on her terminal.  She still asks me lots of questions, even though she already knows  most of their answers. Like she asked me why X and I broke up, even though I fucking know she knew it was because of what happened with Vern. Urgh, just thinking about X and Vern together sets all of my teeth on edge. I want to ask Sal how long she'd known about them for but I know she won't tell me. I guess it makes more sense now,  though, the day we were sitting together in the caff and I was telling her what X and I were going to do for our anniversary, that we might see if we could get a pass to go off-ship, and she got all rough-faced and gave me this weird speech about me being too young for such a serious relationship, that I was only in my fifties and that I shouldn't limit myself and blah blah blah. She'd probably found the footage that morning. Fuck. 
Anyway. I haven't gone back to searching for X just yet. I've been pretty busy with these scraps.
Actually, I guess I shouldn't be calling them scraps. Scraps are things that break off ships and get burnt up in volatile atmospheres, and these seem too important for that.  It's weird though, cos the actual words your girl has written don't really make much sense to me. Like I know they've been run through a translator so I can read them, just as my words are being run through a translation program so you can read them. People always go on about things getting lost in translation but I'm not even sure if that's true now, like, I think the tech we have is pretty good these days. Anyway. I read the words and even though I didn't quite get what she was on about, I got a bunch of feelings, or a set of impressions, I guess, the kind that makes my tongue curl up and my fingers spread out. Kind of like when you stare at something too bright, and the light burns a dark spot into all of your eyes? Anyway. These feelings were nice, they reminded me of before things got weird, before X climbed into Vern's sleeper while I was on a moon excavation practical. But they also made me want to throw up a little bit.
Anyway. I hope you know that she's is in love with you, cos if you don't, well sorry, I guess I've kind of ruined that surprise. If you can't tell that from the words, try and tell that from the music I made. Sound is more my thing than words, and I know it’s a lot of other people’s thing too, so, I figured I’d reach more people that way, sound and words, together. I guess it's like instead of running the words through a translation program, I'm running them through my head, and music is coming out. Anyway, I'll put it all in the next post, Just start from 5, end at 0. Or don’t, I’m not sure yet if that matters. It's kind of meant to be like that garden, the one that I think has been built for you somewhere in this star system. I mean, I'm not sure if it's she's in this star system, but that garden she's describing sure sounds like one of ours. 

It's also meant to be like love, I guess. I just wanted to let you know that I see/hear you.
Oh, and if you are reading this, and you're not Rhys, I hope you get some feelings or impressions,too. If they matched mine, that would be cool, but it would be even cooler if they didn't, and you could tell me what you see/hear instead.  And if you know anything about where Rhys might be, could you let me know? I guess that's the main thing I want. That, and I want you to know that there's love involved, so if you are out to trap them, maybe you shouldn't? You can send me message at therhysfiles@gmail.com. 

I'm still not sure if I should tell Sal that I've made this, but I will keep looking through the records for scraps, at least until she finds me digging.
Anyway. I hope to get a message from you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment